Tuesday 27 October 2015

Christopher's story

Christopher explains how the Supporting People Programme has changed his life...


What were the circumstances which led to you needing your support provider?
I was homeless following the breakdown of a relationship and I was abusing alcohol and drugs. I didn’t take my medication and my mental health deteriorated which resulted in me being admitted to hospital following a suicide attempt


Which organisation/support provider helped you? 
Solas' Dyfrig House scheme in Cardiff.


How did your support provider help you?
They help me massively. With my mental health problems, I always feel like people have looked down on me, but here there are people who listen, who I am able to talk to.

I have a roof over my head and people to show me the steps and give me the tools to get through my illness.


What did you find most valuable about your support provider?
Having people who listen and who are always there if I need to talk.


Where would you be now if it wasn’t for your support provider?
Probably 6 feet under or in hospital due to the drink or my mental health.


What are your hopes and aspirations for the future?
To get better, and to one day move on and hopefully help people in my position and to be able to tell them there’s light at the end of the tunnel because there IS hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!